Blue Rug Juniper Shrub
Blue Rug Juniper, also known as Juniperus Horizontalis Wiltonii, is a low maintenance and cold hardy evergreen plant. With its dense, silver blue foliage and trailing growth habit, it is a popular choice for groundcover and adds contrast to any garden. This juniper is drought tolerant, insect and disease resistant, making it easy to maintain. Pair it with Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae for a stunning foliage contrast.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||3-9 Outdoors|
|MATURE HEIGHT:||2-3 ft|
|MATURE WIDTH:||2-3 ft|
|USES:||Bonsai, Landscaping, Wildife habitat, Aromatherapy|
|GROWTH FORM:||Evergreen Ground Cover Shrub|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Adaptable to most soils; Prefers dry, well-drained soil; Not tolerant of overly wet soil|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them. Great for patios, narrow spaces, decks, plant as privacy trees along fences and backyards. Add life to a given space, Plants are therapeutic and cheaper than a therapist. Increase Property Value, beautify your landscape with this new addition.
Design ideas for the landscape, Ground Cover for Color Contrast
Plant features are becoming very popular in modern landscape design for homes, also true for spaces like backyards, main entrances, and landscape in general. The inclusion of plants make space feel more attractive, exciting and comfortable, creating a well balance peaceful ambiance of styles that can both calm the senses and invigorate the mind simultaneously, adorning with live plants and natural elements is a great choice to create a relaxing atmosphere while at home, reducing the day to day stresses from modern life, weather is traffic congestions or stressful daily routines, living sculptures can be the answer to some of these challenges, design your space with tropical plants in mind.
Care & Maintenance
• Best time: early spring to early fall
• Dig hole twice as wide as root ball and deep enough to have top of root ball parallel with ground
• Place plant upright, fill with soil and eliminate air pockets
• Mulch recommended with 2-3 inch layer of organic hardwood
• Prefers well-drained, neutral to slightly acidic soil.
• Improving soil with organic matter is recommended.
• Apply a 2-3 inch layer of organic hardwood mulch to the soil around the shrub, keeping it away from the trunk.
• Mulch helps retain soil moisture and suppress weeds.
• Thrives in full sun, tolerates shade
• First 2 months: twice a week
• Increase in extreme heat, mature plants: once a week
• Verify top 2-3 inches of soil, if dry water as needed
• Spring before new growth begins
• Slow-release, 180 day duration, well balanced fertilizer
• Early stages of growth to encourage branching
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee.
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants, we hand select the best quality available before shipping, Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.