Grey Owl Juniper Shrub
The Grey Owl Juniper (Juniperus Virginiana) is a fast-growing, cold hardy evergreen shrub that adds a stunning blue grey foliage to your landscape. It grows up to 2-3ft tall and 5ft wide, making it a great groundcover, medium-sized shrub, screen, accent, or background plant. This low maintenance shrub loves sun and can be pruned or sheared for a desired size or formal look. Add life to your yard with the hardy and eye-catching Grey Owl Juniper.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||4-9 Outdoors|
|MATURE HEIGHT:||2-3 ft|
|MATURE WIDTH:||4-5 ft|
|USES:||Serves as a windbreak or privacy screen, wildlife.
|GROWTH FORM:||Evergreen Ground Cover Shrub|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Adaptable to most soils; Prefers dry, well-drained soil; Not tolerant of overly wet soil; Salt tolerant|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
Plant Benefits and Key Features
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Great as ground cover, narrow spaces, along fences and backyards under other plants
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils
• Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
Design ideas for the landscape, Ground Cover for Color Contrast:
Plant features are becoming very popular in modern landscape design for homes, also true for spaces like backyards, main entrances, and landscape in general. The inclusion of plants make space feel more attractive, exciting and comfortable, creating a well balance peaceful ambiance of styles that can both calm the senses and invigorate the mind simultaneously, adorning with live plants and natural elements is a great choice to create a relaxing atmosphere while at home, plants as living sculptures can be the answer to some of these challenges, design your space with tropical plants in mind.
Care & Maintenance
- Choose a location with well-draining soil and full sun exposure.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball and mix in compost or organic matter.
- Place the shrub in the hole, filling with soil and tamping it down firmly.
- Well-draining soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH.
- Avoid soil that is too heavy or poorly draining.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the shrub to retain moisture and regulate soil temperature.
- Keep the mulch several inches away from the trunk to prevent rot.
- Full sun exposure to thrive.
- Avoid planting in shade or areas with limited light exposure.
- Water the shrub regularly for the first few weeks after planting, then as needed.
- Avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot.
- Apply an all-purpose fertilizer once a year in the spring or early summer.
- Do not overfertilize, as this can lead to leaf yellowing and stunted growth.
- Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain its shape and promote healthy growth.
- Avoid heavy pruning, as this can damage the shrub and reduce its overall health.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee.
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants, we hand select the best quality available before shipping, Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.