Robusta Green Juniper, Juniperus chinensis, Christmas tree
The Robusta Green Juniper (Juniperus chinensis) is a fast-growing, cold hardy evergreen that adds a vibrant touch of green to any landscape. With its columnar growth habit, reaching 10-15 feet tall and 4-6 feet wide, it is ideal as a hedge, screen, accent, and windbreak. Its narrow upright form makes it a great choice for smaller spaces. This low maintenance plant does not require pruning and can maintain its pyramidal shape as it matures. It is perfect for formal landscapes and can even be used as a front lawn Christmas tree.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||4-10 Outdoors
|MATURE HEIGHT:||10-15 ft|
|MATURE WIDTH:||4-6 ft|
|LIGHT:||Thrives in Full sun|
|GROWTH FORM:||Columnar-Branches Irregular|
|USES:||Asian Zen, Contemporary, Privacy Hedge, Mediterranean|
|CHARACTERISTICS:||Deer tolerant, Year round interest, Cold and Heat tolerant|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Adaptable to most soils, salt tolerant, Avoid soggy soils|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Great as ground cover, narrow spaces, along fences and backyards under other plants
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils
Design ideas for the landscape, Ground Cover for Color Contrast:
Plant features are becoming very popular in modern landscape design for homes, also true for spaces like backyards, main entrances, and landscape in general. The inclusion of plants make space feel more attractive, exciting and comfortable, creating a well balance peaceful ambiance of styles that can both calm the senses and invigorate the mind simultaneously, adorning with live plants and natural elements is a great choice to create a relaxing atmosphere while at home, plants as living sculptures can be the answer to some of these challenges, design your space with tropical plants in mind.
Care & Maintenance
- Choose an area that provides well-draining soil and ample sunlight.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep.
- Place the plant in the hole, spreading the roots evenly.
- Fill in with soil and gently press down to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- If the soil is heavy or clay-like, consider adding organic matter to improve drainage.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant.
- This will help to conserve moisture and regulate soil temperature.
- Requires full sun exposure to thrive.
- Place the plant in an area that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water during the first two months twice a week, increase in extreme hot days, as plants mature reduce water frequency to once a week.
- During the winter, water sparingly or only when the soil is dry to the touch.
- This juniper does not require heavy fertilization.
- If desired, apply a slow-release fertilizer once a year in the spring.
- Prune during the spring or early summer, before new growth begins.
- Cut back any shoots that are growing in an undesirable direction.
- Do not over-prune, as this can damage the plant.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.