Care Guide for Blue Cone Arbovitae
- Choose location with well-draining soil.
- Dig hole twice the width and depth of root ball.
- Place tree in hole, ensuring root ball is level with soil.
- Fill hole with soil and gently press down.
- Water thoroughly to settle soil around roots.
- Easily grown in a range of soils, including clay, alkaline and compacted.
- Avoid wet and soggy soils.
- Apply 2-3 inch layer of mulch around tree base.
- Helps retain moisture, suppress weeds, regulate soil temperature.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Avoid planting in areas that receive less than 4 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water well every 2-3 days until established.
- Water frequently during extremely hot months.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months.