Care Guide for Grey Owl Juniper Shrub
- Choose a location with well-draining soil and full sun exposure.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball and mix in compost or organic matter.
- Place the shrub in the hole, filling with soil and tamping it down firmly.
- Well-draining soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH.
- Avoid soil that is too heavy or poorly draining.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the shrub to retain moisture and regulate soil temperature.
- Keep the mulch several inches away from the trunk to prevent rot.
- Full sun exposure to thrive.
- Avoid planting in shade or areas with limited light exposure.
- Water the shrub regularly for the first few weeks after planting, then as needed.
- Avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot.
- Apply an all-purpose fertilizer once a year in the spring or early summer.
- Do not overfertilize, as this can lead to leaf yellowing and stunted growth.
- Prune in late winter or early spring to maintain its shape and promote healthy growth.
- Avoid heavy pruning, as this can damage the shrub and reduce its overall health.