Care Guide for Hetzii Green Columnar Juniper
- Choose a well-draining location with full sun exposure
- Dig a hole that is twice the size of the root ball
- Place the juniper in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to avoid air pockets
- Water thoroughly after planting
- Prefers well-draining soil that is slightly acidic with a pH of 6.0-7.0
- If necessary, amend the soil with compost or other organic matter to improve drainage
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Avoid mulch that is too deep, as it can encourage disease.
- Prefers full sun exposure.
- Avoid planting in areas with excessive shade.
- Water during the first two months twice a week, increase in extreme hot days, as plants mature reduce water frequency to once a week.
- If dry to the touch, water as needed.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary, it will naturally maintain its columnar form.