Care Guide for Hollywood Juniper
- Choose a location with well-draining soil.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers soil that is well-draining and neutral to slightly acidic.
- Easily grown in a wide range of soils, including clay, alkaline and compacted soils
- Avoid soil that is constantly wet.
- Mulch the base of the tree with 2-3 inches of organic matter, such as leaves, bark, or wood chips.
- Make sure the mulch is not in direct contact with the trunk.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Avoid planting in areas with heavy shade.
- Water well every 2-3 days until established.
- Increase frequency in extreme hot days.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- It will maintain its columnar growth habit naturally.