Care Guide for Leyland Cypress Tree
- Choose a location with well-draining soil and full sunlight.
- Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and the same depth as the container.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers well-drained soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Use organic mulch such as bark, wood chips, or leaves.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water deeply and regularly during the first growing season.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 60 feet.