Care Guide for Little Giant Arbovitae
- Best time for planting is from early spring to early fall.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the plant's root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Tamp down the soil and water thoroughly.
- Prefers well-drained soil.
- Suitable for most types of soil, avoid wet and soggy.
- Apply a layer of organic hardwood mulch around the entire planting area.
- Mulch will help retain moisture, suppress weeds, and regulate soil temperature.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water twice a week during the first two months.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, granular fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 5 feet.