Care Guide for Robusta Green Juniper
- Choose an area that provides well-draining soil and ample sunlight.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep.
- Place the plant in the hole, spreading the roots evenly.
- Fill in with soil and gently press down to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- If the soil is heavy or clay-like, consider adding organic matter to improve drainage.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant.
- This will help to conserve moisture and regulate soil temperature.
- Requires full sun exposure to thrive.
- Place the plant in an area that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water during the first two months twice a week, increase in extreme hot days, as plants mature reduce water frequency to once a week.
- During the winter, water sparingly or only when the soil is dry to the touch.
- This juniper does not require heavy fertilization.
- If desired, apply a slow-release fertilizer once a year in the spring.
- Prune during the spring or early summer, before new growth begins.
- Cut back any shoots that are growing in an undesirable direction.
- Do not over-prune, as this can damage the plant.