Care Guide for Skyrocket Juniper
- Choose a location with well-draining soil.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the plant's root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Tamp down the soil and water thoroughly.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Mulch the base of the tree with 2-3 inches of organic matter, such as leaves, bark, or wood chips.
- Apply the mulch over the entire planting area.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water regularly during the first growing season to establish a deep and strong root system.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, granular fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- It will maintain its columnar growth habit naturally.