Care Guide for Spartan Juniper Tree
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant.
- Mulch with hardwood or cypress.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water regularly during the first growing season.
- Increase frequency in extreme hot days.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 60 feet.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest or coldest months.