Care Guide for Yellow Ribbon Arbovitae
- Best time for planting is from early spring to early fall.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the plant's root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Tamp down the soil and water thoroughly.
- Prefers well-draining to slightly moist soil.
- Cannot withstand excessive dry conditions.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of organic hardwood mulch around the entire planting area.
- Mulch will help retain moisture, suppress weeds, and regulate soil temperature.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water twice a week during the first two months.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- No clipping needed for compact shape, but can be clipped in spring for denser form.