Blue Point Juniper, Christmas tree
Great Addition, Perfect For a Colorful Privacy Hedge
The Blue Point Juniper tree (Juniperus Chinensis) is an evergreen coniferous tree that is native to North America. It is a dense, compact tree that grows up to 12 feet tall and 6-8 feet wide. Blue Point has a pyramidal growth habit and a blue-green color that looks attractive in any landscape. It has scale-like leaves that are tightly packed together, giving it a bushy appearance. It's easy to grow and maintain, making it a popular choice for hedging, topiary, and landscaping purposes. It is tolerant of drought, heat, and poor soil conditions, making it an ideal plant for areas with extreme weather conditions.
Here are some key details about Blue Point Juniper:
Appearance: Blue Point Juniper has dense, blue-green foliage that retains its color throughout the year. The foliage consists of small, needle-like leaves that are soft to the touch.
Size: This juniper typically grows to a height of 10 to 12 feet and spreads to about 6 to 8 feet wide. It has a compact, columnar shape that makes it suitable for narrow spaces.
Growth Rate: Blue Point Juniper has a moderate growth rate, adding about 12 to 18 inches of growth per year.
Uses: Due to its upright form and attractive foliage, Blue Point Juniper is often used as a specimen plant, hedge, or privacy screen. It can also be shaped into topiaries or used in container gardening.
Care: Blue Point Juniper is relatively low-maintenance. It prefers full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil. Once established, it is drought-tolerant and requires minimal pruning.
Winter Hardiness: Blue Point Juniper is cold-hardy and can withstand harsh winter conditions.
Deer Resistance: This juniper is generally deer-resistant, making it a good choice for landscapes where deer browsing is a concern.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||4-11 Outdoors
|USES:||Asian/Zen, Contemporary, Mediterranean, Rustic|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Well drain soil|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Compact tree perfect for tight spaces, great choice near entrances or lining driveways
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils
DESIGN IDEAS AND LANDSCAPE USES
Natural pyramidal form makes the Blue Point Cypress a great choice for any space within your lawn, position as an accent plant which can also make an effective front lawn Christmas tree or to enjoy during winter season under the under snow. Blue Points can remain potted for use in patios or decks, Create a topiary and place it within your own urban garden.
Blue Point Junipers with its dense evergreen foliage, can be excellent privacy trees when lined in rows or staggered to form a hedge style along fences on backyards creating a complete privacy screen, they also create windbreaks reducing wind conditions during winter months and also during hot summer months as well. Great choice for Erosion Control, avoid soil spilling during heavy rains.
Privacy is something we all cherish, privacy for most of us in Urban living can be rather difficult, quite often much of your life is almost certainly often viewable, whether is playing the latest addictive game, attached to your smart iphone or on TikTok with friends, if you can create a privacy screen using plants for privacy, why not, weather outdoors in a backyard patio, roof top or deck, plants can provide an easy solution while creating a pleasant atmosphere, plants have the ability to offer both privacy and the power to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air.
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and deep enough for the top of the root ball to be parallel with the ground level.
- Plant the tree upright and backfill with excavated soil, tamping down to eliminate air pockets.
- Soak with a hose and take care not to leave any gaps around the root ball.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Mulch your Blue Point Juniper with hardwood or cypress.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water regularly during the first growing season to establish a strong root system.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Do not over-water, as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain on the tree.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.