Heliconia psittacorum 'Andromeda'
Freshen up your living space with the Tropical Heliconia Andromeda
This plant is adored by interior design professionals for its dramatic long arching leaves, which create an ultra-beautiful tropical look. If you're looking for a tropical indoor house plant that is both exotic and beautiful, the Heliconia Lady Di is the perfect choice.
|Mature Height:||10-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5ft. wide|
|Foliage||Green, Orange Flower|
|Uses||Interior Foliage, Accent Plant, Complements other plants|
|Characteristics||long arching leaves|
|Soil Conditions:||Prefers well drain organic soil|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Plants are natural air purifiers that intake carbon dioxide and create oxygen.
• Boost mood, productivity, concentration and creativity.
• Reduce stress by spending time caring for them.
• Add life to a given space, decorate and design with plants.
Moreover the Bird of Paradise:
Heliconia Andromeda grows best in full sun or partial shade, and prefers well-drained soil. It's a relatively low-maintenance plant, making it ideal for busy people. When given proper care, it can thrive indoors for many years. If you're looking for a truly stunning tropical plant to add to your home, the Heliconia is the perfect choice.
Care & Maintenance
HOW TO CARE FOR HELICONIA .
•Heliconia purchased for indoors can be watered less frequent, but the frequency will depend on the size of the plant, humidity levels and rate of growth.
• One of the most common mistakes in indoor plant care is overwatering. Indoor plants are far more tolerant to underwatering than overwatering.
• It is recommended to monitor your houseplants and water them when they need it, rather than on a schedule.
• The objective when watering plants is to maintain moist soil but never soggy. A moisture meter can reduce guesswork.
• Water requirements may differ for each individual plant so it's best to sample topsoil an inch deep every 3-4 days until you get a sense for each plant's needs.
LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS -
•Trees generally require bright light, so an indoor plant should be placed near a window where it can receive the brightest available light.
• East, south, and west facing windows are the best options.
• Rotate the plant occasionally to allow it to receive bright light from different angles and minimize leaf drops from within the canopy.
PLACEMENT AND TEMPERATURE -
•Selecting the right location for your plant indoors or outdoors is very important.
• Micro climates can affect the health of the plant.
• Make sure the plant does not receive air draft from AC/Heating vents, or warm air from close by freezers.
• The foliage will dehydrate faster than it can hydrate from moisture in the air, eventually turning brown and dropping.
• When plants are properly watered and care for and still display signs of wilting or seem sad it may help to relocate the plant to a different area for brighter indirect light.
• Most tropical plants are from the tropics and proper moisture is required for their health and survival—we recommend bringing your tropical plants indoors when temperatures are expected below 45s during winter months or above 90 during summer months as extreme weather can severely damage these types of plants.
•When repotting, it is recommended to plant between spring and fall.
• Use a potting mix with good drainage for repotting. Cactus mixes are recommended.
• Now is a good time to integrate a slow release fertilizer in the soil when repotting. Apply it based on label instructions.
• Most general all purpose fertilizers can work well for repotting purposes..
• Select a pot 2-3 inches wider than your current pot for repotting purposes . It should have drain holes if possible .Do not remove all the soil from the root ball—this procedure can severely stress or damage the plant .You may remove about an inch of the outer layer of soil as this can stimulate growth.
• Avoid planting too deep in the new pot—the top of the root ball should be level with the top of the soil in the new pot. In event that the new pot does not have drain holes, you must avoid water from accumulating in bottom section of pot —this will damage plant severely One possible solution is to water a fix amount of water ,depending on the size of the plant 1 cup of water per gallon of soil maybe sufficient
Additional Care and Maintenance Tips
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants, we hand select the best quality available before shipping, Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.