Calathea Pink Stripes Ornata Prayer Plants
Save 10% with code FALL10
Calathea Pin Stripes, Striking Color Blends, Unique and Easy to Care.
Calathea is a cultivar of calatheas, selected for round leaves with brilliant markings. Calatheas are often called 'prayer plants' because of their unique leaf movements: they raise and lower their leaves from day to night as a part of their circadian rhythm. This phenomenon is called nyctinasty. Plant movements are controlled by a flux of water pressure in the pulvini - nodes at the base of the leaves. Scientists theorize that these movements are meant to follow the sun and catch as much light as possible -- an essential trait for a forest-floor-dwelling plant!
• Plants shipped online are in complete darkness for several days, once received place in a low light area for 2-3 days before transitioning to bright light.
• Repotting / Fertilizing, once received Wait 4 weeks before repotting or fertilizing, Fertilize during Spring to Fall base on label instructions.
• Water, allow the top 1-2 inch of Soil to dry out, may take 5-7 days, water slowly to allow the soil moist evenly.
• Humidity, most Tropical plants can benefit from regular moisture, a humidifier or regular misting is recommended.
• Light, if is bright enough to read is bright enough for plants, if outdoors place in indirect sun light under Shade.
• Filter indoor air by absorbing toxins, and removing harmful chemicals.
• Boost mood, productivity, concentration and creativity.
• Reduce stress, Fatigue and Allergies.
• Add life to a given space, Plants are therapeutic and cheaper than a therapist.
Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! Our main objective is to deliver base on your Satisfaction Guarantee Policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.