Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae
Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae, pyramidal evergreen trees known for their speedy growth rate, lasting color, and lush foliage. Great for Privacy Screening
The Thuja Green Giant arborvitae is a fast-growing evergreen tree that can reach heights of up to 60 feet with a spread of 15-20 feet. Its dark green, needle-like foliage grows in flat, fan-shaped sprays that create a dense, conical shape. This tree is ideal for creating privacy screens or windbreaks as it provides excellent year-round coverage. It's also a hardy tree that can tolerate a wide range of soil conditions, temperatures, and moisture levels. The Thuja Green Giant arborvitae is an easy-to-care-for tree that requires minimal maintenance once established. Its attractive appearance and low maintenance requirements make it a popular choice for residential and commercial landscaping.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||4-9 Patios / 5-9 Outdoors|
|MATURE HEIGHT:||50-60 ft|
|MATURE WIDTH:||15-20 ft|
|FOLIAGE:||Evergreen Tree, Green-Yellow|
|USES:||Accent, Privacy Hedge, Mass Planting|
||Most Popular in Gardens|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Well drained organic soil|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Less expensive than a traditional fence, delivers green dense foliage all year round
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils
DESIGN IDEAS AND LANDSCAPE USES
Creating Privacy between Property Lines:
Plant Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae Cypress to create privacy and reduce noise between neighbors. Space them 8-10 feet apart for a straight line, or 6-8 feet apart for a more natural look. Allow room for the trees to grow and don't plant directly on the property line.
Create a Hedge:
Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae Cypress can grow so fast, you can create an instant privacy hedge or living fence, As your trees grow, prune the tops and hedge the sides, gradually shape or design your own living fence.
Privacy for Pool Areas:
Add a Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae Cypress to areas of your yard that require privacy. You do not have to plant trees all over your yard. Simply look for areas where you can plant three or four trees in a row to block out your neighbor's house or window.
Tall Focal Specimen:
Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae can also be used as a focal point. Plant one in your yard and just let it grow, It will definitely be the tallest tree in they yard. Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae Cypress Trees are the go-to tree for any privacy needed in your yard.
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers well-drained soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Mulch with hardwood or cypress.
- Full sun to partial shade.
- Green Giants need at least 4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water regularly during the first growing season.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 60 feet.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.