Brodie Southern Red Cedar Tree, Fast Growing Evergreen
The Brodie Southern Red Cedar Tree (Juniperus Silicicola) is a fast-growing, columnar evergreen with vibrant foliage. Known for its durability and tolerance to extreme weather conditions, it is a popular choice for gardeners across the country. The tree can be used as a focal point in smaller spaces or as a hedge or screen in larger backyards. It is easy to grow and thrives in all soil types.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Specifications
|GROWING ZONES:||3-9 Outdoors.|
|MATURE HEIGHT:||15-20 ft.|
|MATURE WIDTH:||7-10 ft.|
|LIGHT:||Thrives in Full Sun.|
|FOLIAGE COLOR:||Bright Green.|
|GROWTH FORM:||Dense Columnar.|
|USES:||Wildlife Habitat, Landscaping, Privacy Tree, Wind Barrier|
|CHARACTERISTICS:||Narrow Form, Red-Brown Bark, Slow Growth, Deer Resistance.|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Wide range of soils.|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ.|
• Enjoy natures most beautiful Plants within your own landscape, reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them.
• Southern Red Cedar Trees are a great addition for patios, narrow spaces, decks, plant as privacy trees along fences and backyards.
• Increase Property Value, beautify your landscape with this new addition.
Landscape uses for Southern Red Cedar Tree
• Single yard specimen
• Windbreak along the property line
• Privacy screen along property perimeter
• Lining a driveway along the entrance
Care & Maintenance
- Choose a location with well-draining soil.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers soil that is well-draining and neutral to slightly acidic.
- If your soil is heavy or clay-like, amend it with compost or sand to improve drainage.
- Avoid soil that is constantly wet.
- Mulch the base of the tree with 2-3 inches of organic matter, such as leaves, bark, or wood chips.
- Make sure the mulch is not in direct contact with the trunk.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade.
- Avoid planting in areas with heavy shade.
- Water regularly during the first growing season to establish a deep and strong root system.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Do not over-water, as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain on the tree.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.