Brodie Eastern Red Cedar Evergreen Tree
Save 10% with code FALL10
Brodie Eastern Red Cedar Tree (Juniperus Virginiana) is a fast growing, dense columnar evergreen tree, that offers vibrant evergreen foliage, making this upright juniper tree ideal to fit into almost any garden space. Red Cedars are tough, attractive and highly durable, has fantastic tolerance to heat, cold and drought. this is one of the hardiest junipers you can grow, they are considered one of the most popular upright juniper on the market by most growers, they can thrive and grow anywhere across the country, they are extremely easy to grow, no matter where you live, especially since they thrive in virtually all soil types. It can also be planted as a focal point in smaller spaces or can act as a perfect hedge or screen in larger backyards.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||3-9 Outdoors.|
|MATURE HEIGHT:||15-20 ft.|
|MATURE WIDTH:||6-8 ft.|
|LIGHT:||Full Sun to partial shade.|
|USES:||Wind Barrier, Privacy Screen, Landscape.|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Wide range of soils.|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ.|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
DESIGN IDEAS AND LANDSCAPE USES
Brodie Eastern Red Cedar Junipers with its dense evergreen foliage, can be excellent privacy trees when lined in rows or staggered to form a hedge style along fences on backyards creating a complete privacy screen, they also create windbreaks reducing wind conditions during winter months and also during hot summer months as well. Great choice for Erosion Control, avoid soil spilling during heavy rains.
Natural fencing is becoming more and more popular thanks to the proliferation of fast growing trees and shrubs, allowing a much more environmentally friendly, sympathetic and unobtrusive method of shielding yourself from prying eyes. There are many natural options available to you for the purpose of screening, whether it is for a sizeable length of your land or just something for a corner. Brodie Eastern Red Cedar sets itself apart from most all of the options when it comes to trees, thanks to its wonderful color, highly unusual structure and form.
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and level it with the ground.
- Place the tree in the hole, ensuring the root ball is level with the soil.
- Fill the hole with soil and gently press down.
- Water thoroughly to settle soil around roots.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Apply 2-3 inches of organic mulch around the entire planting area.
- Helps retain moisture and suppress weeds.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water regularly during the first growing season to establish a deep and strong root system.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 35 feet.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.