Leyland Cypress Fastest Growing Tree
Save 10% with code FALL10
Leyland Cypress, Best Selling Privacy Tree, Easy-to-grow evergreen that shines
Fast growing to create privacy, block noise, and unwanted views
- Provides dense, dark green foliage, year-round
- It's more cost-effective and rewarding than a traditional fence
The Leyland Cypress is a tall and stately evergreen tree that boasts an impressive height of up to 40 feet tall and a width of around 20 feet. It has a distinctive conical shape, with a broad base and a pointed top, making it a popular choice for privacy hedges and windbreaks. The foliage of this tree is made up of feathery, soft needles that are bright green in color and release a pleasant aroma when crushed. The Leyland Cypress grows quickly, with a growth rate of up to 5 feet per year, and is tolerant of a range of soil types and growing conditions. Its versatility and hardiness make it a favorite among homeowners and landscapers alike.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||5-9 Outdoors.|
|MATURE HEIGHT:||40-60 ft.|
|MATURE WIDTH:||20-25 ft.|
|USES:||Accent, Privacy Hedge, Landscaping.|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Tolerant to most soil types.|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ.|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• Fastest growing privacy tree, growth rate can exceed 4ft per year.
• Add plants to your landscape to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air.
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them.
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen.
• Great for privacy trees along fences and backyards.
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils.
DESIGN IDEAS AND LANDSCAPE USES
Creating Privacy between Property Lines:
Plan on Spacing out the Leyland Cypress 6-10 feet apart. If you want to plant in a straight line, space them 8-10 feet apart. If you want a more natural look, stagger the trees and space them about 6-8 feet apart, as Leyland Cypress mature they will create a great wind break fence.
Leave room on the property line for the trees to grow. Don't plant directly on the property line because they will grow over the line onto your neighbor's property.
Create a Hedge:
Leyland Cypress can grow so fast, you can Create an instant privacy hedge or living fence, Plant your new Leyland Cypress 4-6 feet apart. As your trees grow, prune the tops and hedge the sides, gradually shape or design your own living fence.
Privacy for Pool Areas:
Add a Leyland Cypress Tree to areas of your yard that require privacy. Look for areas where you can plant three or four trees in a row to block out your neighbor's house or window.
Tall Focal Specimen:
Leyland Cypress can also be used as a focal point. Plant one in your yard and just let it grow, It will definitely be the tallest tree in they yard. Leyland Cypress Trees are the go-to tree for any privacy needed in your yard.
Care & Maintenance
- Choose a location with well-draining soil and full sunlight.
- Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and the same depth as the container.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers well-drained soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Use organic mulch such as bark, wood chips, or leaves.
- Thrives in full sun, can tolerate partial shade. They need at least four hours of direct, unfiltered sunlight per day.
- Water deeply and regularly during the first growing season.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 60 feet.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.