Old Gold Juniper Shrub
Old Gold Juniper (Juniperus pfitzeriana) is a low-maintenance, cold-hardy, evergreen shrub with bright golden foliage. It grows 2-3ft tall and 5ft wide, making it suitable for groundcover, accent, and background plant. This plant thrives in sun and can tolerate harsh conditions, making it ideal for slopes, rocky ground, paths, and beds. Pruning can be done to maintain desired height, or shearing for a formal look.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||4-9 Outdoors
|MATURE HEIGHT:||2-3 ft.|
|MATURE WIDTH:||4-5 ft.|
|LIGHT:||Thrives in Full sun|
|WATER:||Regularly until established|
|USES:||Deer proof, Bonsai, Wildlife, Rock Garden, Topiary.|
|GROWTH FORM:||Evergreen Ground Cover Shrub|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Adaptable to most soils; Prefers well-drained soil; Not tolerant of overly wet soil|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Great as ground cover, narrow spaces, along fences and backyards under other plants
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, easily grown in a wide range of soils
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole 6-12 inches wider and deep enough to ensure root ball is parallel to ground level.
- Place plant in the hole and fill with soil, eliminate air pockets and thoroughly soak
- Well-draining soil is essential.
- Add compost to improve soil structure.
Apply 2-3 inches of mulch around the base of the shrub.
Keep mulch away from the trunk of the shrub.
- Thrives in full sun, tolerates partial shade.
- Water twice a week for the first few weeks, reduce frequency after 30 days.
- Verify top 2-3 inches of soil and water if dry to touch.
- Fertilize during spring before new growth begins.
- Use slow-release, 180 days duration, well balanced fertilizer.
- Not necessary but can be pruned to maintain desired size.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.