Taylor Juniper Tree, Eastern Red Cedar
Taylor Juniper Tree (Juniperus virginiana), also known as the Eastern Red Cedar, is a fast growing, upright evergreen tree that grows narrow and withstand harsh cold conditions, making it a highly durable and attractive choice for any garden. This tree offers vibrant evergreen foliage and is tolerant to heat, cold, and drought, making it one of the hardiest junipers to grow. It can be planted as a focal point in smaller spaces or as a hedge or screen in larger backyards and can thrive in all soil types, making it easy to grow anywhere.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Specifications
|Grow Zones:||3-9 Patios / 3-9 Outdoors.|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Light:||Thrives in Full Sun|
|Foliage Color:||Evergreen Bright Green
|Growth Form:||Dense Columnar|
|Uses:||Mass Planting, Entry Ways, Privacy Tree, Wind Barrier|
|Characteristics:||Narrow Form, Specimen Tree|
|Soil Conditions:||Well drained organic soil|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air.
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them.
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen.
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest.
• A must-have for landscape architects and home owners.
DESIGN IDEAS AND LANDSCAPE USES
Taylor Eastern Red Cedar Junipers with its dense evergreen foliage, can be excellent privacy trees when lined in rows or staggered to form a hedge style along fences on backyards creating a complete privacy screen, they also create windbreaks reducing wind conditions during winter months and also during hot summer months as well. Great choice for Erosion Control, avoid soil spilling during heavy rains.
Natural fencing is becoming more and more popular thanks to the proliferation of fast growing trees, allowing a much more environmentally friendly, sympathetic and unobtrusive method of shielding yourself from prying eyes. There are many natural options available to you for the purpose of screening, whether it is for a sizeable length of your land or just something for a corner. Taylor Eastern Red Cedar sets itself apart from most all of the options when it comes to trees, thanks to its wonderful color, highly unusual structure and form.
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and deep enough for the top of the root ball to be parallel with the ground level.
- Plant the tree upright and backfill with excavated soil, tamping down to eliminate air pockets.
- Soak with a hose and take care not to leave any gaps around the root ball.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Do not pile mulch up against the trunk of the plant.
- Thrives in full sun to partial shade.
- Avoid planting in areas that receive less than 4 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water regularly for the first few months after planting.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Do not over-water, as this can lead to root rot.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain on the tree.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.