Spartan Juniper Tree, Fast Growing Tree
Create Your Own Private Landscape Retreat with The Spartan Juniper
Spartan Juniper (Juniperus chinensis 'Spartan') is a fast growing evergreen that offers luxuriant evergreen foliage, is tough, attractive and highly durable. Spartan's fantastic tolerance to heat, cold and drought makes it one of the hardiest junipers you can grow, they are considered one of the most popular upright juniper on the market by most growers and is considered a fast growing tree. Spartan's are extremely easy to grow, no matter where you live, especially since it thrives in virtually all soil types. Spartan Juniper is so durable that it can survive in harsh environments where other plants don't even stand a chance.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||5-9 Outdoors.
|USES:||Focal Point, Privacy Screen, Landscaping, Hedge.|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Wide range of soils.|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ.|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils
DESIGN IDEAS AND LANDSCAPE USES
Creating Privacy between Property Lines:
Plant Spartan Cypress 4-6 feet apart in a straight line or staggered for a natural look. Allow room for growth and avoid planting directly on property lines. These trees make great wind breaks as they mature.
Create a Hedge:
Spartan Cypress can grow so fast, you can create an instant privacy hedge or living fence.
Privacy for Pool Areas:
Add a Spartan Cypress Tree to areas of your yard that require privacy. Look for areas where you can plant three or four trees in a row to block out your neighbor's house or window.
Tall Focal Specimen:
Spartan Cypress can also be used as a focal point. Plant one in your yard and just let it grow, it will definitely be the tallest tree in they yard. Spartan Cypress trees are the go-to tree for any privacy needed in your yard.
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
- Water the tree well to settle the soil.
- Prefers well-draining soil.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Spread a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant.
- Mulch with hardwood or cypress.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water regularly during the first growing season.
- Increase frequency in extreme hot days.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- If left to grow naturally it may reach heights of up to 60 feet.
- Avoid pruning during the hottest or coldest months.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.