Hetzii Green Columnar Juniper
The Hetzii Green Columnar Juniper (Juniperus chinensis) is a popular evergreen tree known for its toughness and versatility. It can withstand tough coastal conditions, including wind and salt, and maintain its narrow pyramidal shape without pruning. This tree can be used for various purposes such as privacy screens, wind barriers, rows of plants or enhancing the entrance of a home.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Specifications
|GROW ZONES:||5-9 Outdoors.
|MATURE HEIGHT:||15-20 ft.|
|MATURE WIDTH:||4-6 ft.|
|LIGHT:||Thrives in Full Sun|
|USES:||Landscaping, Privacy Screen, Bonsai, Wind Barrier.|
|CHARACTERISTICS:||Columnar Shape, Low Maintenance, Drought Tolerant.|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Well drained organic soil|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air.
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them.
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen.
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest.
• A must-have for landscape architects and home owners.
Design ideas for the landscape, Ground Cover for Color Contrast:
Plant features are becoming very popular in modern landscape design for homes, also true for spaces like backyards, main entrances, and landscape in general. The inclusion of plants make space feel more attractive, exciting and comfortable, creating a well balance peaceful ambiance of styles that can both calm the senses and invigorate the mind simultaneously, adorning with live plants and natural elements is a great choice to create a relaxing atmosphere while at home, plants as living sculptures can be the answer to some of these challenges, design your space with tropical plants in mind.
Care & Maintenance
- Choose a well-draining location with full sun exposure.
- Dig a hole that is twice the size of the root ball.
- Place the juniper in the hole and backfill with soil, making sure to avoid air pockets.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
- Prefers well-draining soil that is slightly acidic with a pH of 6.0-7.0.
- If necessary, amend the soil with compost or other organic matter to improve drainage.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the plant to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Avoid mulch that is too deep, as it can encourage disease.
- Prefers full sun exposure.
- Avoid planting in areas with excessive shade.
- Water during the first two months twice a week, increase in extreme hot days, as plants mature reduce water frequency to once a week.
- If dry to the touch, water as needed.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary, it will naturally maintain its columnar form.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.