Wichita Blue, Rocky Mountain Juniper
Save 10% with code FALL10
The Wichita Blue Juniperus scopulorum, also known as Rocky Mountain Juniper or Colorado Red Cedar, is a popular and low maintenance evergreen tree. It has a narrow upright form and silvery blue foliage that makes it a great choice for formal landscapes, vertical accents, and screens. The tree is deer resistant and can be used for privacy screens, hedges, and to enhance the entrance of homes. The Wichita Blue Juniper thrives in full sun and attracts birds to nest in its branches. This versatile tree is long lasting and does not require pruning, maintaining its pyramidal shape as it matures.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Light:||Thrives in Full Sun|
|Uses||Privacy screen, Focal Specimen|
|Characteristics||Asian/Zen, Contemporary, Mediterranean|
|Soil Conditions:||Adaptable to most soils|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
PLANT BENEFITS AND KEY FEATURES
• Grown in nutrient rich organic base potting mix
• The Tree of Life, Great for patios, narrow spaces, decks, plant as privacy trees along fences and backyards
• Compact tree perfect for tight spaces, great choice near entrances or lining driveways
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest
• Easily grown in a wide range of soils
Design ideas for the landscape, Ground Cover for Color Contrast
Plant features are becoming very popular in modern landscape design for homes, also true for spaces like backyards, main entrances, and landscape in general. The inclusion of plants make space feel more attractive, exciting and comfortable, creating a well balance peaceful ambiance of styles that can both calm the senses and invigorate the mind simultaneously, adorning with live plants and natural elements is a great choice to create a relaxing atmosphere while at home, reducing the day to day stresses from modern life, weather is traffic congestions or stressful daily routines, living sculptures can be the answer to some of these challenges, design your space with tropical plants in mind.
Care & Maintenance
- Select an area with full sun.
- Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and deep enough for the top of the root ball to be parallel with the ground level.
- Plant the tree upright and backfill with excavated soil, tamping down to eliminate air pockets.
- Soak with a hose and take care not to leave any gaps around the root ball.
- Suitable for clay, alkaline, and compacted soils, avoid wet and soggy.
- Well-drained soil is preferred.
- Mix in sand or grit for heavy soil.
- Not picky about soil PH.
- Apply 2-3 inch layer of organic hardwood mulch around base of juniper.
- Avoid mulching too close to trunk.
- Helps retain moisture and suppress weed growth.
- Thrives in full sun, tolerates partial shade.
- Drought-tolerant once established.
- Water regularly during first growing season, then as needed.
- If Soil feels dry to the touch, it's time to water.
- Fertilize during the spring before new growth begins.
- Apply slow-release fertilizer in spring if desired.
- Not necessary, it will maintain its columnar growth habit naturally.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.