Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae, Thuja occidentalis
Save 10% with code FALL10
Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae, Thuja occidentalis 'Yellow Ribbon'
Evergreen Tree with Golden-Yellow Foliage
Yellow ribbon arbovitae is an evergreen coniferous tree that features narrow, upright branches covered in bright golden-yellow foliage. It is a popular choice for landscaping due to its unique color and narrow, columnar growth habit that makes it an ideal choice for small gardens, hedges, and privacy screens. With its dense foliage and year-round color, it adds a splash of brightness and vibrancy to any landscape. This arbovitae is relatively low maintenance, as it is drought-tolerant and resistant to pests and diseases. It can grow up to 10 feet tall and 4-5 feet wide, making it a perfect choice for small spaces. Overall, the yellow ribbon arbovitae is a stunning plant that adds a touch of sunshine to any garden.
Free Shipping on Select orders, 100% satisfaction Guarantee. Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received, once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|GROW ZONES:||2-7 Outdoors.
|USES:||Privacy Hedge, Landscaping, Accent.|
|GROWTH FORM:||Narrow upright form for accent or small spaces.|
|SOIL CONDITIONS:||Well-drained to slightly moist soil.|
|DOES NOT SHIP TO:||AZ.|
Plant Benefits and Key Features
• We believe in the power of plants to lift the spirit, calm the mind and clean the air
• Plants can reduce stress and anxiety by spending time close to nature caring for them
• Great choice to increase property value with a low maintenance evergreen
• Great as ground cover, narrow spaces, along fences and backyards under other plants
• Drought Tolerant and Resistant to ice, freezing conditions and Pest, Easily grown in a wide range of soils
Design ideas for the landscape, Ground Cover for Color Contrast
Plant features are becoming very popular in modern landscape design for homes, also true for spaces like backyards, main entrances, and landscape in general. The inclusion of plants make space feel more attractive, exciting and comfortable, creating a well balance peaceful ambiance of styles that can both calm the senses and invigorate the mind simultaneously, adorning with live plants and natural elements is a great choice to create a relaxing atmosphere while at home, reducing the day to day stresses from modern life, weather is traffic congestions or stressful daily routines, living sculptures can be the answer to some of these challenges, design your space with tropical plants in mind.
Care & Maintenance
- Best time for planting is from early spring to early fall.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the plant's root ball.
- Remove the tree from its container and loosen any roots that are tightly packed.
- Place the tree in the hole and backfill with soil.
- Tamp down the soil and water thoroughly.
- Prefers well-draining to slightly moist soil.
- Cannot withstand excessive dry conditions.
- Apply a 2-3 inch layer of organic hardwood mulch around the entire planting area.
- Mulch will help retain moisture, suppress weeds, and regulate soil temperature.
- Thrives in full sun.
- Water twice a week during the first two months.
- Once established, water only during extended periods of drought.
- Fertilize during early spring with a slow-release, well-balanced fertilizer.
- Pruning is not necessary.
- No clipping needed for compact shape, but can be clipped in spring for denser form.
Backed by our 30 days Satisfaction Guarantee
We hope that you enjoy your new plants! We grow and care for our plants from cuttings, seeds or liners, we hand select the best quality available before shipping to your home or office. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Our friendly customer service team is here to help.
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for ground cover junipers?
Approximate height is measured from the base of the plant to the top of the highest branch.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.