Alocasia Macrorrhiza Variegata, Collectors Rare And Exotic.
Alocasia Macrorrhiza, Exotic and Unique, Purify the air with a Beautiful Elephant Ear Plant
Alocasia Macrorrhiza Variegata, also known as Elephant's Ear, is a member of the Araceae family. There are over 80 different species within the genus, which vary widely in shape and size. This variegated plant is truly a work of art by nature, is a fun addition to most collections, The large, upright blade-shaped leaves of this variegated species are characterized by marbled mottling of green and white cream blends, it is a very rare plant, it can only be propagated through pups, which results in a very limited supply. Mature plant height and width is around 5-6 feet.
- Free Shipping on Select orders
- 100% satisfaction Guarantee.
- Most orders ship within 1-3 days from the day order is received
- Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with tracking information.
Plant Hardiness Zones and Details
|Foliage||variegated in shades of green and white|
|Uses||Interior Foliage, Accent Plant, Complements other plants|
|Soil Conditions:||Prefers well drain organic soil|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Filter indoor air by absorbing toxins, and removing harmful chemicals.
• Indoor gardening relieves stress and Fatigue by simply enjoying and caring for your plants.
• Having plants in your home or office can be a source of pleasure.
• Plants are therapeutic and cheaper than a therapist
• With its exotic-looking foliage, Elephant Ear Plants will bring a tropical feel to virtually any well-lit area
• Hand picked and shipped direct from our Nursery
Care & Maintenance
- Upon arrival, leaves should be mist to help hydrate, if soil is still moist allow it to dry, placed in a medium light location to adjust from shipping.
- Best to water and mist leaves regularly every 2-3 days, check the soil frequently until you are sure of the plant's watering needs, water soil once you feel top one inch of soil is dry, this plant thrives in high humidity conditions, Alocasia plants require less water during the winter when it's dormant.
- Best to keep indoor in bright indirect light.
WATER MANAGEMENT FOR ALOCASIA FRYDEK -
•Elephant Ears plants need higher moisture levels in the soil and environment, but indoor plants can be watered less frequently.
• Watering frequency depends on the size of the plant, humidity levels, and rate of growth.
• Overwatering is a common mistake made with indoor plants; they are more tolerant to underwatering than overwatering. Improper watering can result in fungal issues and root rot.
• Monitor your houseplants and water them when they need it instead of on a schedule. The objective is to keep the soil moist without overwatering. Use a moisture meter as a guide.
• Water recommendations for 6 inch pot plants: every 4-7 days; 10-12 inch pot plants: every 7-12 days
LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS -
•Alocasia plants do best in medium to bright indirect light.
• They can scorch in direct sunlight, so it's best to keep them under shade outdoors or in a bright spot indoors.
• Complete darkness is not recommended as the plant won't be able to photosynthesize without any light.
•The Elephant Ears Plant originates from the tropics, where humidity is very high.
• Generally, the air in our homes is dry. Misting our houseplants occasionally is a simple and effective way to boost humidity.
• An easy solution to the risk of overwatering your plants is to pay attention to the color and texture of their leaves. Plants with brown or dry leaf tips will benefit from regular misting, preferably in the mornings so that their foliage can completely dry out during the day.
We hope that you enjoy your new plants, Every plant we ship is GUARANTEE for a period of 30 DAYS from the day it is received. our main objective is to ensure a great customer experience and deliver great quality plants for your enjoyment. We love our plants and we hope that you will as well, in the event your plant(s) do not arrive in healthy conditions we ask that you share images supporting the reason(s) and we will provide a replacement plant at no cost to you.
- Please note Alocasia's are susceptible to some yellowing of the bottom leaves during transit, this is normal, they will bounce back within weeks and will continue sending out new shoots
Is it safe to ship plants by mail?
We Believe it is, let us prove it, our success rate sipping plant(s) online is well over 99%.
How do you measure height for indoor plants?
For indoor plants we measure approximate height from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant.
Are plant(s) purchased online guarantee?
All plants are guarantee for a period of 30 days, We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.
Can I order during winter months?
Yes you can, however most Tropical plants are sensitive to extreme cold conditions, once cold temperatures are expected to fall below freezing it will not be safe to ship life plants, we carefully manage shipping decisions during winter months and determine when is safe to ship, please be advise we may need to hold orders until conditions are appropriate to safely ship the plants.